Friday, January 27, 2012

Hurting hearts

This world we live in is so full of pain. This has been a tough week full of heartbreaking news. Sweet baby Kimber, who has Freeman Sheldon Syndrome, has cancer. Rhabdomyosarcoma it is called. There is an 85% success rate, which is good. She has to have six months of chemotherapy. And I got to meet her! Let me tell you, I loved her the INSTANT I laid eyes on her! She is just precious and looks exactly like Edward! Seriously, she is one tough cookie and I can't wait to see her again! Her mom was an inspiration to me!
Today I found out that a high-school classmate of mine lost her baby at 34 weeks. I can't even imagine the pain she is feeling! My heart hurts soo sooo bad for her! UGH!
Please, just pray for these families! Our struggles are nothing compared to others'. I need to always be thankful and pray for others. I get down with my stuff that I am going through, but really, I couldn't be more blessed. Speaking of my stuff...
Thank you all for your prayers! Edward's MRI went well. Let me see...Dr. Mosca, Edward's feet/hip doc, said that his hips/pelvis are pretty board-like (flat). He showed me the MRI pictures of his hips and in one view they are flat, but in another, they show a little curve. So, when Edward has his feet surgery he will do an arthrogram of his hips. (They inject dye into the pelvis to see how much movement there is.) We will know more info then. In regards to his casting, Dr. Mosca doesn't think his feet will improve much more. Next Friday we go back and take xrays and probably schedule his surgery.
To his spine, well, I have to find a spine expert. With Dr. Song gone, I have to figure out who will treat Edward's spine. The good news is, is that his spinal cord is in the right place!
His brain...well, the focal encephalomalicia did not develop correctly. Exactly, I have no idea what that means. So, we have to be referred to a neurologist.
I LOVE this picture..taken the beginning of December.
Thank you guys so much for your prayers and continue to pray for these other families!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear most things went well for this trip. We have friends who's baby was diagnosed with rhabdo when he was only days old. His tumor didn't respond well to his chemo protocol, but a risky surgery was an option available to them. A year ago surgeons removed the entire tumor and there's been no evidence of disease since then. (YAY!!) Continuing to keep you and your family in my thoughts, and adding Kimber and her family in as well. Stay strong momma.

    ReplyDelete