Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Title

I have wanted to tackle my title for quite some time now. A faith like Job. What ‘a faith like Job’ means to me is a steadfast, unfailing, love and trust in God. When I first read through the book of Job, I fell in love with it. I thought Job was the coolest because God tested him and he came through! How awesome is that? I feel like whenever I am ‘tested’ I fail miserably. (I don’t like to think God tests us but maybe He does.) But as I read and reread Job, it becomes more clear to me how funny/human Job is. In the first part of the book, Job handles his disasters with class. Then as the book progresses he get more sassy/sarcastic, like WTF? He questions God and almost challenges God as saying he could do a better job with the world. In Job’s defense he was blameless, upright and very undeserving. Plus!, throughout all his sufferings, Job had “friends’ that kept spewing their righteous thoughts of God and why he was suffering. If I were Job, I would have punched my “friends” in the face and defriended them on facebook. Job seriously became so real to me. Here he is suffering trying to hold his head high and love God through it all, still asking God why him, all the while having stupid friends on his back. Frick, I am annoyed for him right now.
There is so much I don’t understand about God and why things happen. I am not going to lie, I asked God why many times when I was pregnant and even after Edward was born. Sometimes I still find myself asking why. But I always said why not? I just know that God is sooo much greater then what is in my capacity of knowing. I certainly wasn’t there when He was making the world. “Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements?” Job 38:4,5. I just know that all my questions will be answered when I get to heaven.
During the worst time of it all for me was during Christmas time. I was super bitter and angry at God. For reals. It was bad. On the way to visit family I read this: “Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him.”” John 9:1-3 I can smile/cry and have an inkling of understanding. I think a child-like faith is needed when searching for understanding.

Edward loving the lake!
Edward still needs a lot of prayers. Please pray every morning, noon or night that the Lord will heal his body. Plead with Jesus to heal every part of him and that he can be the highest functioning boy.

1 comment:

  1. You dont know me but you know my sister Ali. She has gpod thngs to say about you and shared your blog with me - thank you for sharing your story and sweet baby boy with the rest of us. He's cute!

    I've been reading a book this week that I think you might like. It's the 19 kids and counting family, the Duggars new book. In it they talk about many of their trials and their experience w their premie recently, etc. They are also people of great faith and one of their main themes is how God always turns things for good. You might really like reading it. I am.

    Anyway, was reading your blog this afternoon (came to hear that song again) and wanted to share this book w you. It's good. Have a good weekend.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete